The Bahá’í Faith is the youngest of the world’s independent monotheistic religions. Founded in Iran in 1844, it now has more than five million adherents in 236 countries and territories. Bahá’ís come from nearly every national, ethnic and religious background, making the Bahá’í Faith the second-most-widespread religion in the world. Bahá’ís view the world’s religions as a part of a single, progressive process through which God reveals His will to humanity.
- the purpose of life is to know and worship God, to acquire virtues, to promote the oneness of humankind and to carry forward an ever-advancing civilization
- all humanity was created by one God and is part of one human race
- work performed in the spirit of service is a form of worship
- the soul, created at the moment of conception, is destined by God to reach the afterlife, where it will continue to progress until it attains the presence of God
- daily prayer and communion with God
- high moral principles, including trustworthiness, chastity and honesty
- independent investigation of truth
- a life dedicated to the service of humanity
- fellowship with the followers of all religions
- avoidance of excessive materialism, partisan politics, backbiting, alcohol, drugs and gambling
(For more information, read a description of Baha’i laws excerpted from A Short Introduction on the Baha’i Faith, by Dr. Moojan Momen.)
God’s Messenger for this Day !!!
Baha’u’llah (1817-1892), Founder of the Bahá’í Faith, is the most recent in a line of divine messengers that includes Abraham, Moses, Buddha, Zoroaster, Christ, and Muhammad. Baha’u’llah taught that there is only one God and one human family, and that humanity is reaching its long-awaited stage of maturity, when a peaceful and just world order finally can be realized. We invite everyone, regardless of race, religion, or ethnicity, to study, worship and work with us to realize Baha’u’llah’s vision. The worldwide Bahá’í community, is working to give practical expression to Baha’u’llah’s vision of world unity. We invite you to learn more about the Bahá’í Faith and benefit from the spiritual and practical insights found in the Revelation of Baha’u’llah, God’s message for humanity in this day.
The fundamental purpose animating the Faith of God and His Religion is to safeguard the interests and promote the unity of the human race, and to foster the spirit of love and fellowship amongst men.
(Baha’u’llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha’u’llah p.215)